Sunday, October 16, 2016

October 2016 Boxycharm Review


I have to say that Boxycharm is probably my favorite subscription box. It is one of the more expensive ones at $21, but they always send products that I can actually use and that don't feel like weird rejects. Here is what was in this month's box. 




I don't understand the theme, so let's move on. 




Briogeo Rosarco Blow Dry Perfection and Heat Protectant Creme

This is the full size, $24 on the Sephora Website. I actually do not have an strong feelings about this product because I rarely use heat on my hair. BUT I have been thinking about getting a heat protectant for those rare times that I do a bit of curling action and it's like Boxycharm read my mind. The product smells and feels nice and I'm happy to have it. 




Luxie Beauty Eye Blender Brush Pack

This set includes the 229, 237 and 205 brushes which are $12 each. I am personally a huge fan of blending eye brushes, so I was very excited for these. They are sturdy and very soft. And they blend well. The 237 (middle) is probably my least favorite just because it seems to be very small and long and floppy. But I can still use it. 




IBY Beauty Threes Company Eye Shadow Trio ($12)

We actually got an amazing neutral eyeshadow palette last month with Boxycharm, so I did not expect another one. But I love neutrals. The gold color is ridiculous in this palette. Very pigmented. But I also like the feeling of the other two shades, they have a bit of fallout, but they are still easy to use. I find this palette to be perfect to travel. I have a crease, lid and inner corner shade. Which is all I really need in a pinch. Plus the whole palette is sturdy and has a nice mirror. 





Temptu Shimmer Bronzer ($30)

I have to admit that I am not feeling this product. I don't like liquid bronzers. I find that they make my foundation patchy if I mix them in and just look weird on the skin. I might try to use this in the future but just playing around with it, it was shimmery and very warm and hard to use. But it is a high value item. 


Starlooks Ultra Matte Lip Paint ($11)

This looking amazing at the beginning. The color is a perfect fall shade, a berry and coral mixed together. It swatches very well. However, the coverage is patchy. It is hard to make this look even on the lips. And the patchiness only increases as the day goes on. I also found the wand hard to use, especially on the outer lines. I had to use a q tip to clean it up. And I found this to be rather drying. Overall, not a winner in my book. 




Here is my face wearing the shadows and liquid lipstick. I also used a bit of dark brown on the eyes from the Marc Jacobs Lolita palette. 

Overall, I like this box. Some of the items did not work for me, but I enjoyed 3/5. I'll definitely keep subscribing to Boxycharm.












No comments:

Post a Comment