Sunday, April 23, 2017

Review: Girlfriend Collective Core Leggings





I don't think I I have ever bought anything because of a Facebook ad. Usually it's the land of mascara selling pyramid schemes and weird diet shakes. I placed the Girlfriend Collective leggings in this category when I first saw them. But then I read some reviews from real people and they were really positive. So I figured I too would get in on the action. Here are my thoughts.





The whole thing behind Girlfriend Collective was that this was a company that just launched and were having a pre sale of sorts. The leggings themselves are free and you just pay shipping. Shipping was $19.95. A bit steep if you ask me. But in the end, $20 for a pair of leggings is a good price, especially if they are of nice quality. 

I placed my order on January 29th and my order was delivered on April 5th. I honestly forgot all about the order until it showed up on my doorstep. 

I thought the packaging was very nice, it definitely didn't look like these leggings were mangled coming from halfway across the world. 

For reference, these are the Core Leggings (the only model available at the time) in a size small. 


My first impression was that these truly are very well made. There were a lot of seams and details on the fabric and they were very neat and clean. No loose threads. 

The material also feels very nice. I would say that it is softer than the Victoria's Secret leggings. Completely different from Lululemon. Very smooth. They are thinner than the Zella leggings and more sporty. And I do feel that these are "sport leggings". Obviously you can wear them with a t shirt for a casual look. But they would not be appropriate with a blouse and high heels. 


I am 5'7 with short legs and these fit very well with some scrunching at the ankle. These are also high waisted leggings. They come above my belly button. 

But my favorite part of these leggings is the compression. It's literally amazing. They are slightly tough to get on, but once you do, you look 10 pounds lighter. There is just something so flattering about them. I personally find that Lululemon leggings make my thighs look a bit big. These do the opposite. They also lift the butt. 

My measurements are 32-26-36 and I usually wear a size small at VS, 4 at Lululemon, small at Zella.  I would say the small here is pretty accurate. 


Please admire this lovely image of me in my scrub top trying out the leggings. As you can see, the waist is pretty high. 


And here is a close up of the seams and detailing. 

Do I like these leggings? Yes! Are they worth $20? Yes! 

I'm curious to see what the price point for these will be in the future and if they are still worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment